Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Remember when?


   Remember when we saw each other for the first time? The way you smiled as you walked in the room…pretending to be happy to be at school, and the way we'd make awkward eye contact in class?
 Remember how you were that nerdy little kid with freckles and everyone thought you were kind of weird, but they loved you at the same time?
 Remember how we never even talked to each other unless the teacher made us? We were so shy and innocent.
 Remember how we also had choir class together, but we sat at completely opposite sides of the room? I pretended I didn't think you were cute, but I must admit sometimes I'd find myself staring instead of singing.
 Remember how a year later we were put in the same class again, and we got seated at the same table? I was so nervous to be sitting by you… I can’t even describe how nervous I was… Then we started talking.
 Remember how we became friends, and everyone at our table knew to leave me a seat next to yours?
 Remember when we’d sit together in the back and watch movies on your phone? We thought we were so sneaky.
 Remember when we first hugged? It was my first time hugging a boy taller than me. I was on my tippy toes.  Your hands were around my back and mine were around your neck. It gave me butterflies… lots of butterflies.
  Remember when we’d talk every day? We became pretty close. Nothing was ever awkward.
  Remember when I told you I liked you? I never thought my feelings would stay so long. 
 Remember when you promised me a dance at the night dance? You didn’t show up. I cried.    
  Remember when I saw you perform for the first time? I was speechless and I became your biggest fan.
  Remember when I became close to your family members? Your parents said they were going to adopt me.
  Remember when we were best friends? I’d tell you everything and you would just listen to me. You were the only one I trusted, and you gave the best advice. You made me feel so special.
Remember when I met your mom and we drove to salt lake together? You thought it was going to be awkward, but it turned out being fun.
  Remember how we were inseparable but then you ignored me for months. Those were the longest months.
 Remember when we finally started talking again, and everything seemed so perfect? 
But then, do you remember when you hurt me? You saw me crying, and you knew how bad it hurt, but you didn’t stop.
  Remember how we had a heart to heart and I told you everything. You told me you’d stop hurting me. But you did it again.  
Remember how you promised me we’d stay best friends. I think you broke that promise. Remember how my life revolved around you. You were everything and you were always on my mind?
 Remember how I would miss you like crazy when you were gone? Well, I still do.
 So tell me, Do you remember?



Sorry for the cheesy posts lately. 
xoxo - mckinli.hunter

No comments:

Post a Comment

L<3ve